Monday, February 28, 2011

T Minus Three Days and Counting

Just taking a little break from sorting and packing.  Since my wonderful husband approved the expense of paying the movers to do part of the packing, I'm far more relaxed than I would be otherwise.  I'm in a Zen place: whether I feel completely ready or not, we're moving this week.  Which is why I took time to volunteer at my 5-yr old's school this morning.  Then came home and worked like a fiend!

I'm trying to decide when to empty and clean the fridge.  So I was surfing the net for deoderizing ideas.  I'm going to go with thoroughly clean (duh), then wipe down with 10% bleach solution and finish with leaving charcoal briquets soaked in vinegar in the appliance over night.  Let you know Friday how that works.  But among the many ideas I found, this post killed me:

"After washing out refrigerator using baking soda...put in CLEAN kitty litter to soak up the bad odors. Change out kitty litter in a day or two and keep using until smell is gone. Chris Head, AL"

Really?  People need to be told to use CLEAN cat litter?  Then I thought about it: Yes, some people do need to be told.  Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment