Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Free Motion Quilting



In caes you missed the last post, I am working on improving my Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) skills. I'm participating in the FMQ Challenge organized by sewcalgal: FMQ Challenge

sorry, I don't know how to make the link so you can click on the image, use the underlined link above


There are monthly tutorials by FMQ experts. It's incredible! And once you do the work, take a picture of it to post and get entered into a drawing for awesome prizes each month and then grand prizes at the end of the year!  sewcalgal is a Goddess for putting this together and our experts are Angels for sharing their knowledge with us.  Every time I talk to someone about quilting, I tell them to get on the website and join the challenge!

Oh, I LOVE this challenge. I can hardly believe what I'm learning to do! I've completed a couple more of the tutorials and I am on fuego, baby.
Here's my favorite so far, June challenge with Cindy Needham.  She works mostly whole cloth quilts, and you can see why.  Her quilting alone is an art form.  A pieced quilt would take away from the quilting itself!




Here's my first attempt to fill various spaces with different patterns in each area.  It's so fun.



I also did the January tutorial with Frances Moore:



And now I have enough purple squares to assemble a crib size quilt.  I'll assemble and bind it then send it off to Project Linus to comfort some small child in the hospital.

Well, kids are off with a friend all day, so time to sew some more while I'm free...

1 comment:

  1. You're a quilting natural - your June challenge piece is gorgeous. Can' wait to see your sampler quilt when we've finished the challenge. Enjoyed looking through your blog too. Hope you can check mine out sometime - though it's not nearly as funny ...

    ReplyDelete