Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lazer Tag

Wow, way to keep up on the blogging, eh?  Se la vi (no, I don't know Frech, so I'm sure that's spelled wrong, but I don't have time to google it).

Today is Bryan's birthday party.  Yikes, he turned TEN yesterday!  Can you believe it?  I cannot.  As he pointed out, a decade already.  By the way, he plans to live ten decades.  Awesome!

Here's the cake, not my most precise work, but he loves it and claims I am the best Mom ever, so there you go.  Those are glow sticks shooting out of the guns.



Last night he was in heaven opening family gifts.  Lego, legos and more legos!  Then Call of Duty for the computer, he went crazy over.  I thought my embroidered polo would suffer in comparison, but he was so thrilled that I made something for him after weeks of sewing for my booth!  It felt great.



Speaking of the booth, here's a photo of me at my first "show."



Below is my latest re-creation.  Before and after:









So, wore this little ditty to a charity event in town.  The owner of a local boutique (home decor mostly) was gushing over my skirt (along with everyone else), so of course I had to tell her about my business and give her my card. She got all thoughtful and said, "you have me motivated again, I've been thinking about opening up a clothing boutiqe and local artists like you are just what I want in my shop!" I almost fell over! I'm supposed to bring some stuff to show her next week. Whee!

Off to birthday preparations, party photos to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment